NORDICS: Altia to acquire Xanté Co
Altia has signed a deal to acquire Xanté Co from the Swedish Tilander family.
The Finland-based company said today (23 January) that Xanté and its namesake pear-infused Cognac brand will strengthen its position in the Nordic drinks markets. Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.
Altia's CEO, Antti Pankakoski, said: "The acquisition of the Xanté premium brand represents a perfect fit with Altia’s strategy by expanding our market presence in the Nordics and Baltics and increasing our critical mass in Nordic Travel Retail." In 2010, Altia acquired several Nordic drinks brands from Pernod Ricard, including Explorer vodka, Lord Calvert whisky and Renault Cognac.
The Tilander family will retain the licence to sell Xanté in the US and Canada. The owner of Xanté Co, Jörgen Tilander, said: "We look forward to being partners with Altia and to continue to build a success for Xanté."
The spirit has an abv of 17%.
Earlier this week, we ran part one of our interview with the CEO of Remy Martin, Patrick Piana. Here, in the second and concluding part, Piana looks at the emerging markets as well as the mature marke...
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch