FINLAND: Altia SBG acquisition completed
Altia Corporation has completed the acquisition of pan-Nordic beverages company Scandinavian Beverage Group (SBG). The Finnish state-owned alcoholic beverages company announced the completion yesterday (16 December).
Altia announced in November that it had started down the route of acquiring SBG from private European equity group CVC Capital Partners, with a view to expanding its business to neighbouring Norway and Sweden.
The acquisition of all the shares in SBG had needed approval from competition authorities.
The acquisition price was not disclosed.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015