FINLAND: Altia meets with staff over wine production switch
Altia said wine demand has not grown
Altia is seeking to relocate its wine production from Denmark to Finland after demand in northern Europe failed to meet the company's expectations.
The Finnish company, which this month agreed to buy Larsen Cognac from Rémy Cointreau, said it will meet with Danish staff today (13 September) to discuss a move. About 100 employees at Altia's Svendborg plant in Denmark would be affected by the move to Rajamäki, about 30 miles north of Helsinki.
In a statement yesterday, Altia said: “The main reason for possible relocation is the current idle production capacity of Altia bottling plants. The demand of wines has not grown on the market as expected.”
Altia blamed a “challenging” market market situation in Nordic and Baltic countries and increased competition for the shortfall in demand for wine and the Scandinavian mulled wine glögg.
The Future of the Wine Market in Finland to 2017
The report presents detailed data on the Wine consumption trends in Finland, providing historic and forecast consumption volume and value at market and category level, alcoholic strength (Fortified Wi...read more
With recent claims that China has become the world's biggest consumer of red wine, Chris Losh considers what wine producers can learn from the current travails facing international spirits companies i...
Rémy Cointreau punches above its weight in spirits, having established itself as a major global player in cognac despite its relatively small size compared to Pernod Ricard and LVMH. China has been it...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global spirits market during December 2013....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global wine market during December 2013....
We all know by now that, if you're working for an international spirits company and the Chinese market is a big deal for you, then you haven't been sleeping too well for the past year or so....
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during December 2013. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the latest...
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- Are Big Spirits Companies Failing to Innovate?
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- just the Winners - IWSC Spirits Trophy Winners
- Suntory sells Louis Royer Cognac for US$110m
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research