FINLAND: Altia, Constellation extend tie-up
Altia Corporation has extended its regional agreement with Constellation Brands in the Nordic markets.
The wine, beer and spirit distributor will stock more wines from Constellation's portfolio in its operating markets as part of the deal. Altia covers the Nordic and Baltic areas of Europe, where it already distributes Constellation's brands in the travel retail channel.
"We want to represent well-known international quality brands throughout our operating region," said Altia's CEO Leena Saarinen. "Constellation has a fantastic product range and we are pleased to have a strong partnership with the world leading wine company."
Constellation's president and COO, Rob Sands, added: "This agreement furthers our stated goal to expand Constellation's portfolio presence throughout much of Europe, including the always important Nordic and Baltic nations."
Specific details of the extension were not disclosed.
Given how many times the position of chief executive of Constellation Europe has changed hands recently, and the problems the company has faced in the crucial UK market, the more cynical observers mig...
Rémy Cointreau has confirmed that it is looking for new deals in readiness for its exit from Maxxium....
Echo Falls has introduced two additions to its portfolio in the UK....
Crown Imports has promoted its vice president of national accounts to the position of senior vice president....
E&J Gallo has switched distributors in Sweden....
Baarsma Wine Group Holding and Constellation Europe are to strengthen their working relationship from the start of October, with a distribution deal that will see the Benelux distributor take on a lar...
Crown Imports has appointed a new vice president of marketing....
The UK's Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has said it has cleared the completed joint venture between Constellation Brands Inc and Punch Taverns PLC....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets