SCANDINAVIA: Altia, Codorníu sign Nordic, Baltic area tie-up
Altia and Grupo Codorníu have signed a deal for the distribution of the Spanish wine company's brands in Sweden, Norway, Finland, Estonia, Latvia and the Baltic sea travel retail markets.
The two companies confirmed yesterday that the deal will see Altia handle Codorníu's sparkling and still wines in the region going forward. Financial details or further specifics were not disclosed.
Altia produces, distributes, markets and sells its own and supplier brands.
"We strongly believe that our unique consumer knowledge of each of the Nordic and Baltic markets, combined with the distribution power and the excellence of our local sales and marketing companies, will deliver significant growth for the Codorníu Group brands in the years to come," said Tom Alakari, senior vice president of supplier management at Altia.
Juan Castell, International sales director at Codorníu, added: "It is our pleasure to start our relationship with a leading company in the Nordic area. This distribution agreement will boost our business and foster further the development of our brands."
Among the Codorníu brands that Altia will handle are the Codorníu Cavas and the wines of Raimat from D.O. Costers del Segre.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Anheuser-Busch to cut 60 bottling jobs
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review