UK: Allied's UK boss to head up Spanish team
Allied Domecq's UK boss, Chris Heath, has been moved to head up the company's largest market, after accepting the position as managing director for Allied Domecq Spain.
"To take immediate effect, Heath's appointment recognises the outstanding leadership role he has played during his three-year tenure in the UK. During this period the UK business has delivered excellent results, enhanced its core business competencies and introduced new expertise, particularly in the areas of consumer marketing and innovation," said Allied in a statement.
Heath's replacement has yet to be confirmed, but Neil Everitt, the group's European president, will lead the UK team in the interim.
"Chris Heath's appointment is a direct reflection of his achievements in the UK," says Neil Everitt. "Under his direction, the UK team has been extremely successful in recent years not only in the delivery of business results but also in enhancing team working across Europe."
On making the announcement Chris Heath said: "It's been a privilege to work as MD for the UK market. During my time with ADUK I have also built strong relationships with many customers and I would like to thank them for their support and commitment."
Companies: Allied Domecq
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Cautious optimism is probably the best way to describe today's press reaction to Pernod's friendly bid for Allied Domecq....
Spirits firm Allied Domecq has agreed to a takeover bid from smaller rival Pernod Ricard, subject to agreement from Allied shareholders....
Allied Domecq last night accepted Pernod Ricard's offer to buy the UK-based drinks giant....
Allied Domecq today delivered a 7% increase in first half group profits before tax to £285m. Earnings per share were up 7% to 19.2p, turnover that was flat at £1,700m....
Drinks producer and distributor Todhunter International has said that its controlling shareholder, CL Financial, is interested in acquiring some of the brands of Allied Domecq that may become availabl...
Pernod Ricard has had its rating raised....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report