UK: Allied unveils new structure for Champagnes
Champagne Mumm & Perrier-Jouët has announced a new marketing and management structure for the two champagne brands in the UK with immediate effect, to coincide with their transfer today into Allied Domecq Wine UK (AD Wine UK).
Vincent Gillet will work alongside AD Wine UK managing director, Adrian McKeon, to oversee the marketing and sales management for Mumm and Perrier-Jouët Champagnes. As UK country manager for Champagne, Gillet will report directly to Anne-Claire Rodary, vice president of marketing & sales, at Champagne Mumm and Perrier-Jouët in Reims.
Edward Penny joins the Champagne team as senior brand manager for Perrier-Jouët Champagne and Katie Hughes becomes the new brand manager for Mumm Champagne. A senior brand manager for Mumm Champagne and a PR manager are also being recruited.
Gillet said: "The transfer of management of Mumm and Perrier-Jouët Champagnes to AD Wine UK marks the start of a new era as the brands take their rightful place alongside the other premium wines within the portfolio. I'm delighted to have such a strong and talented marketing team behind me as we move forward and work more closely with our new colleagues at AD Wine UK."
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
Fideuram Wargny has upgraded its rating of Pernod Ricard to 'buy' from 'hold'. Its analysts argue that the merger talks with Allied Domecq is a catalyst for share growth....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends