US: Allied unveils new North American boss
Allied CEO Philip Bowman said: "Tom joins Allied Domecq with more than 20 years experience in the drinks industry, almost equally split between the Finnish national distillers Alko Ltd. and Jim Beam Brands."
Wilen joined Alko in 1978 and was with the company for 11 years, working in Helsinki, Sydney and New York in worldwide duty free, sales and marketing, culminating in the role of president for the Western Hemisphere, specifically charged with growing the company's US business.
In 1989 he joined the Jim Beam Brands division of Fortune Brands Inc, covering global strategic planning, sales and marketing roles, becoming chief operating officer ten years later. Presently, Wilen is the president and chief executive officer of Canton Woods Product Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Chene & Cie, the world's leading provider of French and American premium oak products to the worldwide premium wine industry. Wilen will join Allied Domecq on June 24.
"Tom is joining us at a very exciting time for the entire drinks industry," said Bowman. "Under the interim leadership and direction of Richard Turner, our US business has stabilised and our key brands are showing good recovery of market share. Richard will continue to support Tom and the US business during the transition period. I thank Richard for his significant contribution to the business at a challenging time."
Bowman continued: "I welcome Tom to our team. His expertise will enhance and complement our organization."
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Cautious optimism is probably the best way to describe today's press reaction to Pernod's friendly bid for Allied Domecq....
Spirits firm Allied Domecq has agreed to a takeover bid from smaller rival Pernod Ricard, subject to agreement from Allied shareholders....
Allied Domecq last night accepted Pernod Ricard's offer to buy the UK-based drinks giant....
Allied Domecq today delivered a 7% increase in first half group profits before tax to £285m. Earnings per share were up 7% to 19.2p, turnover that was flat at £1,700m....
Drinks producer and distributor Todhunter International has said that its controlling shareholder, CL Financial, is interested in acquiring some of the brands of Allied Domecq that may become availabl...
Pernod Ricard has had its rating raised....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- The wine category in 2016 - Review of the Year IV
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Drinks industry counters calls to ban alcohol ads
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends