UK: Allied to launch Tia Maria RTD in UK and US
Sources close the company told just-drinks.com that the yet unnamed brand hopes to consolidate the impressive growth Tia Maria has seen in the on-trade sector. According to AC Nielsen, the coffee liqueur brand saw an 8.5% growth in the UK on-trade (MAT Nov-Dec) and now holds an overall 11% market share in the UK on-trade - second behind UDV's Baileys in the liqueur sector.
Kahlua's RTD range, including the White Russian and Mudslide, has taken the US by storm and have become some of Allied's key growth brands. Though the company would not comment on the rumour, an Allied spokesman told just-drinks.com that Tia Maria's overall growth was 8.4% and was "outperforming its main spirits rivals in the UK such as Southern Comfort, Bacardi and Archer's".
Two of these brands have already launched their own products in the rapidly expanding PPS market. Bacardi-Martini's popular Bacardi Breezer is the fastest-growing PPS in the UK market (overtaking Smirnoff Ice during the Christmas period) while UDV has recently introduced Archer's Aqua, though to mixed reviews. One analyst said: "Archer's Aqua seems a last ditch attempt to save a dying brand. Tia Maria may have a better chance as the brand's on-trade presence still has growth potential."
During the Easter holidays, Tia Maria launched its wicked promotion pack, containing a 70cl bottle of Tia Maria, a Tia Maria highball glass and Tia Maria chocolate truffles. It also included a £1 off redemption voucher and a "Dare You Mix It" booklet featuring a range of ways to enjoy Tia Maria.
Allied Domecq's brand director for spirits, Richard Hayes said, when the promotion was announced, that in the coming months the company's key objective was "to expand the ways in which current drinkers use Tia Maria, at the same time reinforcing the brands positioning as a modern mixable spirit."
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Allied Domecq last night accepted Pernod Ricard's offer to buy the UK-based drinks giant....
Drinks producer and distributor Todhunter International has said that its controlling shareholder, CL Financial, is interested in acquiring some of the brands of Allied Domecq that may become availabl...
Pernod Ricard has had its rating raised....
Brown-Forman Beverages has replaced Bacardi as its spirits distributor in Canada....
Bacardi USA., Inc. has appointed Sex and the City actress Kim Cattrall as the celebrity spokeswoman for its new FAB, Island Breeze....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends