UK: Allied to launch Courvoisier clothes line
The UK-based wine and spirits group Allied Domecq is to launch a luxury brand line, which will include clothes and accessories for its Cognac brand Courvoisier.
The brand will be called Atelier Courvoisier and is under the creative design direction of fashion designers Brian Wolk and Claude Morais of Ruffian.
The collection will include a range of men's and women's apparel and accessories inspired by Napoleon. Allied said there will be "a heavy emphasis on luxury and classicism with a modern twist".
"Napoleon is a man of mythological proportions. In his time he democratised fashion and an ideal of high style that still holds true today. His influence is evident everywhere and his legacy lives on in the fashions we will create for Atelier Courvoisier," said Claude Morais, creative design director for Atelier Courvoisier and Ruffian.
Ruffian joins Atelier Courvoisier, which will be based in New York City, with an impressive resume, including projects with Julien McDonald, Chanel, and Francis Ford Coppola. "We are thrilled to be working with such a prestigious brand. In our work, we are consumed with the individual, style and authenticity. The opportunity to combine these elements within Atelier Courvoisier is a challenge we embrace," said Brian Wolk, Creative Design Director for Atelier Courvoisier and Ruffian.
David Hayes, who has been named general manager of Atelier Courvoisier said: "Ultimately, we are creating a lifestyle brand that will capture the imagination of highly fashionable men and women around the world."
Atelier Courvoisier premiered its inaugural women's and men's line with a presentation of the collection at New York's fashion week. The Atelier Courvoisier collection will be sold in boutiques and select department stores in key cities in fall of 2004.
"Allied Domecq believes that the influence of the Courvoisier trademark has already transcended the beverage alcohol industry, earning it attention and respect from fashion tastemakers around the world," said Kim Manley, chief marketing officer, Allied Domecq PLC. "We are making an investment in the people and resources to develop what we believe will be products that capture the imagination of consumers, but retain the essence of the Courvoisier trademark."
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Allied Domecq last night accepted Pernod Ricard's offer to buy the UK-based drinks giant....
Allied Domecq today delivered a 7% increase in first half group profits before tax to £285m. Earnings per share were up 7% to 19.2p, turnover that was flat at £1,700m....
Drinks producer and distributor Todhunter International has said that its controlling shareholder, CL Financial, is interested in acquiring some of the brands of Allied Domecq that may become availabl...
Cobra Beer has launched an alcohol-free beer in South Africa, the UK and in its European and Asian export markets....
Pernod Ricard has had its rating raised....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research