US: Allied reveals latest Malibu extension
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15.
The latest flavour extension joins Malibu, Malibu Mango and Malibu Pineapple flavoured rums.
"Consumers continue to look for more flavour variety in their spirits and the rum category is now enjoying the flavour explosion that vodka recently experienced," said Scott Ortega, vice president of innovation, Allied Domecq Spirits, North America. "Malibu is meeting this trend with the release of Malibu Passion Fruit."
Malibu Passion Fruit will be marketed under the "Seriously Easy Going" marketing platform.
The brand will be supported by television, radio and print advertising; on- and off-premise merchandising; sampling and promotions.
Rum was responsible for 26% of the volume growth for all spirits in the past year in the US, with flavoured rums fuelling 38% of sales growth in the rum category.
"The addition of Malibu Pineapple and Malibu Mango to the trademark last May marked one of the most successful new product launches in the last 10 years for Allied Domecq, outselling our competition by more than 30%," said Simon Hunt, executive vice president, marketing, Allied Domecq Spirits, North America.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
A host of drinks companies spent the weekend mulling over whether to launch counter-bids for Allied Domecq, according to press reports over the last few days....
Cautious optimism is probably the best way to describe today's press reaction to Pernod's friendly bid for Allied Domecq....
Spirits firm Allied Domecq has agreed to a takeover bid from smaller rival Pernod Ricard, subject to agreement from Allied shareholders....
Allied Domecq last night accepted Pernod Ricard's offer to buy the UK-based drinks giant....
Allied Domecq today delivered a 7% increase in first half group profits before tax to £285m. Earnings per share were up 7% to 19.2p, turnover that was flat at £1,700m....
Drinks producer and distributor Todhunter International has said that its controlling shareholder, CL Financial, is interested in acquiring some of the brands of Allied Domecq that may become availabl...
Pernod Ricard has had its rating raised....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends