US: Allied launches Malt whisky portfolio
Allied Domecq is to launch a series of its Scotch malt whisky brands in a new portfolio in the US, with added marketing spending and a multi-million dollar renovations at its Scapa and Glendronach distilleries.
The company said the move is in response to increasing consumer demand for high-end whiskies.
"The Scotch Malts Portfolio", as it will be called, will include Laphroaig from Islay, the recently introduced Tormore 12-year-old from Speyside, Scapa from the Orkney Isles and Glendronach from the Highlands.
"America's love and appreciation of super-premium Scotch is at an all-time high," says Kevin McCarthy, brand director for The Scotch Malts Portfolio at Allied Domecq. "That's why we developed The Scotch Malts Portfolio - to give consumers access to a wide variety of single malts to match every taste."
According to the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS), the overall US Scotch whisky market generated more than US$1.3 billion in sales during 2003, up 4% from the previous year.
Approximately US$677m of those sales came in the super-premium Scotch category, an increase of 11% over 2002.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Cautious optimism is probably the best way to describe today's press reaction to Pernod's friendly bid for Allied Domecq....
Spirits firm Allied Domecq has agreed to a takeover bid from smaller rival Pernod Ricard, subject to agreement from Allied shareholders....
Allied Domecq last night accepted Pernod Ricard's offer to buy the UK-based drinks giant....
Allied Domecq today delivered a 7% increase in first half group profits before tax to £285m. Earnings per share were up 7% to 19.2p, turnover that was flat at £1,700m....
Drinks producer and distributor Todhunter International has said that its controlling shareholder, CL Financial, is interested in acquiring some of the brands of Allied Domecq that may become availabl...
Pernod Ricard has had its rating raised....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China