AUSTRALIA: Allied hedges bets with Southcorp as Pernod looks to New Zealand
Allied Domecq is reported to be tendering a bid of £1 billion for the Australian wine giant Southcorp, as a fall back measure, should it lose out in the race for Seagram's spirits and wine business.Philip Bowman is thought to be confidant that Allied will buy Seagram's portfolio and close the gap on drinks rival Diageo, but is preparing the alternative if Diageo wins the Seagram jewel.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Bacardi-Martini appoints Southern Europe chief
- William Grant gives Sailor Jerry pack revamp