AUSTRALIA: Allied hedges bets with Southcorp as Pernod looks to New Zealand
Allied Domecq is reported to be tendering a bid of £1 billion for the Australian wine giant Southcorp, as a fall back measure, should it lose out in the race for Seagram's spirits and wine business.Philip Bowman is thought to be confidant that Allied will buy Seagram's portfolio and close the gap on drinks rival Diageo, but is preparing the alternative if Diageo wins the Seagram jewel.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review