UK: Allied give new look to Cockburn's LBV
Allied Domecq is moving away from its current LBV Port offering Anno, by launching a new bottle and livery for Cockburn's Late Bottle Port, which will be available from September.
Presented in a traditional wooden Allied is hoping that the new look Cockburn's LBV Allied will help stimulate incremental sales.
Commenting Neil Anderson, brand manager said: "The new Cockburn's LBV displays much stronger Cockburn's credentials which will significantly strengthen the brands on-shelf presence during a period when Port and LBV sales increase.
"Consumer research carried out earlier this year clearly told us that consumers look for icons of assurance when buying Port and that Anno, despite its high quality bottle and livery, was not consistently seen to be a Cockburn's brand.
He continued: "And with 78% of consumers looking specifically for LBV when making a Christmas Port purchase changes had to be made."
Confident that Cockburn's LBV new look will have a positive impact on both the brand and the category, Allied intend to continue with the existing recommended retail price of £9.99 (US$14.25).
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Cautious optimism is probably the best way to describe today's press reaction to Pernod's friendly bid for Allied Domecq....
Spirits firm Allied Domecq has agreed to a takeover bid from smaller rival Pernod Ricard, subject to agreement from Allied shareholders....
Allied Domecq last night accepted Pernod Ricard's offer to buy the UK-based drinks giant....
Allied Domecq today delivered a 7% increase in first half group profits before tax to £285m. Earnings per share were up 7% to 19.2p, turnover that was flat at £1,700m....
Drinks producer and distributor Todhunter International has said that its controlling shareholder, CL Financial, is interested in acquiring some of the brands of Allied Domecq that may become availabl...
Pernod Ricard has had its rating raised....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018