US: Allied faces lawsuit as battle for Stoli erupts
The legal fight for Stolichnaya vodka is set to cross the globe from Russia to the US in the next few weeks, as lawyers from Kryshtal International, the US-based vodka importer, and the Russian government launch a legal suit against current US trademark owners Allied Domecq. “We are going to be bringing a suit against Allied Domecq to return all profits [it has made] from Stolichnaya to the Russian people,” Ron Matheson, the Kryshtal boss told just-drinks in an interview yesterday.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director