USA: Allied Domecq will launch non-alcoholic iced Kahlua
Allied Domecq is to partner with new age beverage company Ferolito Vultaggio & Sons to create a non-alcoholic Kahlua iced coffee.
Herbal Enterprises (the licensing arm of Ferolito & Vultaggio) which has developed the new ready-to-drink beverage under a licensing agreement with Allied Domecq will also be responsible for its marketing.
Three different cap colours; red, blue and yellow, are being used on the 15oz jug shaped bottles. But Kahlua Iced Coffee, which is made from 100% Colombian coffee, is available in one flavour.
Managing director for Herbal Enterprises Worldwide, John Balboni, said: "Kahlua is the second largest single liqueur brand in the world and the leading imported brand in the US."
He continued: "We are expecting this product to seriously rival the number one selling iced coffee on the market, Frappuccino."
Companies: Allied Domecq
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Cautious optimism is probably the best way to describe today's press reaction to Pernod's friendly bid for Allied Domecq....
Spirits firm Allied Domecq has agreed to a takeover bid from smaller rival Pernod Ricard, subject to agreement from Allied shareholders....
Allied Domecq last night accepted Pernod Ricard's offer to buy the UK-based drinks giant....
Allied Domecq today delivered a 7% increase in first half group profits before tax to £285m. Earnings per share were up 7% to 19.2p, turnover that was flat at £1,700m....
Drinks producer and distributor Todhunter International has said that its controlling shareholder, CL Financial, is interested in acquiring some of the brands of Allied Domecq that may become availabl...
Pernod Ricard has had its rating raised....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends