UK: Allied Domecq takes lead on social responsibility
Spirits group, Allied Domecq, is taking the unilateral step of introducing responsible drinking messages on its advertisements. The move is designed to stave off criticism from public health and medical professionals and lobby groups and take a lead for the drinks industry as a whole.
The global policy has been devised by Allied Domecq's chief marketing officer, Kim Manley, along with chief executive Philip Bowman. Bowman was chairman of European drinks industry's social aspects organisation, The Amsterdam Group, for the last two years.
The first two campaigns which will include responsible drinking messages are the pan-European campaign for Ballantine's and the launch ads for the company's new liqueur brand, Tia Lusso. The Ballantine's tagline is "Go Play", with the accompanying message "Play better. Play in moderation", while Tia Lusso's slogan, "You just know", is complemented by the message, "You just know to drink in moderation".
Manley said he wanted Allied " to take a leadership position in the industry" with regard to alcohol abuse. He also said he hoped that taking action unilaterally would stave off more draconian legislation.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Allied Domecq last night accepted Pernod Ricard's offer to buy the UK-based drinks giant....
Allied Domecq today delivered a 7% increase in first half group profits before tax to £285m. Earnings per share were up 7% to 19.2p, turnover that was flat at £1,700m....
Drinks producer and distributor Todhunter International has said that its controlling shareholder, CL Financial, is interested in acquiring some of the brands of Allied Domecq that may become availabl...
Cobra Beer has launched an alcohol-free beer in South Africa, the UK and in its European and Asian export markets....
Pernod Ricard has had its rating raised....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Carlsberg makes non-alcoholic brand organic
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends