UK: Allied Domecq Statement re Seagram.
Allied Domecq announced today that it did not submit a bid in the auction of the Seagram Wines and Spirits business as it would not have been in the interests of its shareholders. The Board of Allied Domecq took the decision after evaluating the commercial and strategic benefits already gained for the company from today's announcement of the acquisition of the Mumm and Perrier-Jouet champagne businesses, the award of the exclusive right to distribute Stolichnaya in the USA and the agreement with Destileria Seralles for the future ownership of Captain Morgan Rum.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote