USA: Allied Domecq Preliminary Announcement of the Results for the Year to 31 August 2000
Allied Domecq's Chief Executive, Philip Bowman said: "We have delivered double digit earnings growth during a period of dramatic change. This strong performance has been achieved through the effective implementation of our business strategy. We have focused on profitable volume through the management of product mix, pricing and enhanced marketing investment, up 9%, principally behind key brands.Our Spirits and Wine business continues to perform well, driven particularly by the strength of Ballantine's, Kahlúa and Beefeater. Our Quick Service Restaurants business has produced excellent results with a 14% growth in trading profit, in part from the turnaround of our international business from loss to profit. The initiatives to revitalise the Baskin-Robbins brand are generating results in line with our expectations.We have significantly re-focused the business through the disposal of the UK Retail assets, John Bull Pubs and Panrico. We have strengthened our capabilities in Asia Pacific through our investment in Jinro Ballantines. Over the past year, we have set out to be a dynamic marketing-led brands business and we have accelerated the pace of change across all aspects of the business to achieve this. We have a great portfolio of brands and will continue to generate value for our shareholders through enhancing the returns from our existing assets and by strengthening our brand portfolio and distribution capabilities through acquisition and joint venture.The directors are recommending a final dividend of 7.0 pence per share giving a total for the year of 11.0 pence per share."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends