USA: Allied Domecq Preliminary Announcement of the Results for the Year to 31 August 2000
Allied Domecq's Chief Executive, Philip Bowman said: "We have delivered double digit earnings growth during a period of dramatic change. This strong performance has been achieved through the effective implementation of our business strategy. We have focused on profitable volume through the management of product mix, pricing and enhanced marketing investment, up 9%, principally behind key brands.Our Spirits and Wine business continues to perform well, driven particularly by the strength of Ballantine's, Kahlúa and Beefeater. Our Quick Service Restaurants business has produced excellent results with a 14% growth in trading profit, in part from the turnaround of our international business from loss to profit. The initiatives to revitalise the Baskin-Robbins brand are generating results in line with our expectations.We have significantly re-focused the business through the disposal of the UK Retail assets, John Bull Pubs and Panrico. We have strengthened our capabilities in Asia Pacific through our investment in Jinro Ballantines. Over the past year, we have set out to be a dynamic marketing-led brands business and we have accelerated the pace of change across all aspects of the business to achieve this. We have a great portfolio of brands and will continue to generate value for our shareholders through enhancing the returns from our existing assets and by strengthening our brand portfolio and distribution capabilities through acquisition and joint venture.The directors are recommending a final dividend of 7.0 pence per share giving a total for the year of 11.0 pence per share."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Innis & Gunn looks to build first brewery
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research