UK: Allied Domecq buys Mumm and Perrier Jouet
UK wine and spirits giant Allied Domecq has announced that it has acquired the French Champagne houses G.H Mumm & Cie and Champagne Perrier-Jouet for EUR575m, two brands currently in the portfolio of brands distributed by Seagram. The announcement comes within hours of Allied revealing it was pulling from the race for Seagram's spirits, and along with its claims to have secured the Captain Morgan brand is the second coup for Allied from within the Seagram business while the Canadian's auction is going on.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Three Questions for the Drinks Industry
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"