UK: Allied Domecq buys Mumm and Perrier Jouet
UK wine and spirits giant Allied Domecq has announced that it has acquired the French Champagne houses G.H Mumm & Cie and Champagne Perrier-Jouet for EUR575m, two brands currently in the portfolio of brands distributed by Seagram. The announcement comes within hours of Allied revealing it was pulling from the race for Seagram's spirits, and along with its claims to have secured the Captain Morgan brand is the second coup for Allied from within the Seagram business while the Canadian's auction is going on.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends