UK: Allied creates Laphroaig debate
Called 'Laphroaig Creates Debate', the events are chaired by Boris Johnson, editor of The Spectator, each event will feature prominent and provocative speakers debating a range of topical issues such as 'Who runs the country - the press or the politicians?'. Tickets, which include a welcome drink of Laphroaig and dinner after the debate, are available through The Spectator and the results of each debate will be highlighted in subsequent issues of the magazine.
Allied hope the campaign will highlighting its 'opinionated' positioning for the brand.
Paul Woodward, brand director for Laphroaig at ADUK, said: "Our own research indicates that Laphroaig consumers tend to be strong and opinionated individuals who enjoy 'letting off steam'. The 'Laphroaig® Creates Debate' campaign enables us to bring the personality of the brand to life in a uniquely interactive way and engage with over 60,000 core target consumers through our first ever media partnership with The Spectator magazine."
The first event of the series took place at Simpsons-in-the-Strand, London, on Thursday 24th October. Over 150 Spectator readers heard Lord Hannay, Will Hutton, The Rt Honourable David Trimble MP and James Rubin debating the motion, "Do Britain's interests lie more with Europe or America".
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Cautious optimism is probably the best way to describe today's press reaction to Pernod's friendly bid for Allied Domecq....
Spirits firm Allied Domecq has agreed to a takeover bid from smaller rival Pernod Ricard, subject to agreement from Allied shareholders....
Allied Domecq last night accepted Pernod Ricard's offer to buy the UK-based drinks giant....
Allied Domecq today delivered a 7% increase in first half group profits before tax to £285m. Earnings per share were up 7% to 19.2p, turnover that was flat at £1,700m....
Drinks producer and distributor Todhunter International has said that its controlling shareholder, CL Financial, is interested in acquiring some of the brands of Allied Domecq that may become availabl...
Pernod Ricard has had its rating raised....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends