UK: Allied creates Laphroaig debate
Called 'Laphroaig Creates Debate', the events are chaired by Boris Johnson, editor of The Spectator, each event will feature prominent and provocative speakers debating a range of topical issues such as 'Who runs the country - the press or the politicians?'. Tickets, which include a welcome drink of Laphroaig and dinner after the debate, are available through The Spectator and the results of each debate will be highlighted in subsequent issues of the magazine.
Allied hope the campaign will highlighting its 'opinionated' positioning for the brand.
Paul Woodward, brand director for Laphroaig at ADUK, said: "Our own research indicates that Laphroaig consumers tend to be strong and opinionated individuals who enjoy 'letting off steam'. The 'Laphroaig® Creates Debate' campaign enables us to bring the personality of the brand to life in a uniquely interactive way and engage with over 60,000 core target consumers through our first ever media partnership with The Spectator magazine."
The first event of the series took place at Simpsons-in-the-Strand, London, on Thursday 24th October. Over 150 Spectator readers heard Lord Hannay, Will Hutton, The Rt Honourable David Trimble MP and James Rubin debating the motion, "Do Britain's interests lie more with Europe or America".
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Cautious optimism is probably the best way to describe today's press reaction to Pernod's friendly bid for Allied Domecq....
Spirits firm Allied Domecq has agreed to a takeover bid from smaller rival Pernod Ricard, subject to agreement from Allied shareholders....
Allied Domecq last night accepted Pernod Ricard's offer to buy the UK-based drinks giant....
Allied Domecq today delivered a 7% increase in first half group profits before tax to £285m. Earnings per share were up 7% to 19.2p, turnover that was flat at £1,700m....
Drinks producer and distributor Todhunter International has said that its controlling shareholder, CL Financial, is interested in acquiring some of the brands of Allied Domecq that may become availabl...
Pernod Ricard has had its rating raised....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World