US: Allied continues brand extensions into food
Allied Domecq is continuing to extend its US spirits brands into the food sector. The company said yesterday that it had granted a license to Vita Food Products to manufacture and distribute a new line of Kahlúa and Courvoisier branded sauces and flavored beverage concentrates.
Vita Foods' product offering will include Kahlúa dessert sauces, Kahlúa cappuccino concentrate, Courvoisier Dill Dijon Mustard sauce and Courvoisier cappuccino concentrate, which will be distributed by Vita Specialty Foods' grocery and food service sales force and gourmet channels.
"Our partnership with Vita Food Products for these new Kahlúa - and Courvoisier- branded products marks another important step forward in Allied Domecq's brand extension program," said David Hayes, vice president new business innovation, Allied Domecq. "We are confident Vita Foods will be an excellent addition to our ever-expanding list of licensing partners."
Buyer presentations will begin in December with a planned launch to consumers scheduled for January 2004.
Industry research shows that consumers are extremely loyal to their spirits brands. Allied Domecq has been working with its partner The Licensing Company (TLC) since February 2002 to secure a number of licenses to produce a series of brand extensions for Allied Domecq trademarks around the world. Licensed products include such items as Sauza, Kahlúa and Malibu non-alcoholic mixers from American Beverage Corporation in the US and Sara Lee Kahlúa ice cream in Australia.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Cautious optimism is probably the best way to describe today's press reaction to Pernod's friendly bid for Allied Domecq....
Spirits firm Allied Domecq has agreed to a takeover bid from smaller rival Pernod Ricard, subject to agreement from Allied shareholders....
Allied Domecq last night accepted Pernod Ricard's offer to buy the UK-based drinks giant....
Allied Domecq today delivered a 7% increase in first half group profits before tax to £285m. Earnings per share were up 7% to 19.2p, turnover that was flat at £1,700m....
Drinks producer and distributor Todhunter International has said that its controlling shareholder, CL Financial, is interested in acquiring some of the brands of Allied Domecq that may become availabl...
Pernod Ricard has had its rating raised....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research