INDIA: Allied buys majority stake in JV with Clan Morgan
Allied Domecq (India) has said it intends to bring more brands into the Indian market, now quantitive restrictions have been lifted. The company has also increased its stake in its Indian joint venture with Clan Morgan Distillers Ltd from 50% to a majority share of 74%. CEO of Allied Domecq Spirits and Wines (India) ltd, Shreekanr Illuri told The Economic Times newspaper in India that its majority stake in Clan Morgan will enable the company to have a control over management as well as operations of the company.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban