US: Allied appoints US communications manager
"David brings extensive experience in marketing communications and big-brand publicity that will help our company better reach our target consumers, retailers and distributors," said Chris Swonger, senior vice president, corporate affairs for Allied Domecq Spirits & Wine, North America. "David adds more firepower to our growing organization that will help increase public awareness for Allied Domecq and build demand for our extensive portfolio of brands."
Prior to joining Kmart, Karraker served as vice president of San Francisco-based Access Communications, overseeing daily public relations for technology and consumer product clients, focusing on special event planning and brand public relations. During his tenure at Access Communications, Karraker managed the publicity for such clients as Sega of America, Virgin Interactive and Pete's Brewing Company. Before starting his career in public relations, Karraker was a television reporter for the NBC affiliate in Reno, Nevada, and the CBS affiliate in Santa Barbara/Santa Maria, California.
Karraker will be responsible for external and internal communications for Allied Domecq Spirits, North America, including partnering with sales and marketing on brand public relations opportunities. He will report directly to Chris Swonger.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Cautious optimism is probably the best way to describe today's press reaction to Pernod's friendly bid for Allied Domecq....
Spirits firm Allied Domecq has agreed to a takeover bid from smaller rival Pernod Ricard, subject to agreement from Allied shareholders....
Allied Domecq last night accepted Pernod Ricard's offer to buy the UK-based drinks giant....
Allied Domecq today delivered a 7% increase in first half group profits before tax to £285m. Earnings per share were up 7% to 19.2p, turnover that was flat at £1,700m....
Drinks producer and distributor Todhunter International has said that its controlling shareholder, CL Financial, is interested in acquiring some of the brands of Allied Domecq that may become availabl...
Pernod Ricard has had its rating raised....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014