US: Allied appoints Diageo man as senior VP
Allied Domecq's North American spirits division has appointed Rob Warren as senior vice president, national accounts, taking responsibility for channel management, on- and off-premise chain accounts and military sales.
Effective January 17, 2005, Warren joins Allied Domecq Spirits, North America from Diageo, where he was vice president of consumer strategy and marketing since 2002.
Prior to that, Warren spent 24 years with Joseph E. Seagram & Sons, where he also led the establishment of an International Customer Group, which included key account management training and development.
"We are very pleased to have appointed someone of Rob's caliber and industry experience in the all-important role overseeing customer management," says Jim Clerkin, president of Allied Domecq Spirits, North America.
"Building our customer management capabilities is critical in sustaining and growing our business and Rob joins us with the common goal of making Allied Domecq Spirits, North America the 'First Choice Supplier' in the hearts and minds of our customers, consumers and employees."
Warren fills a previously vacant position within the company and will report directly to Con Constandis, executive vice president, commercial strategy, Allied Domecq Spirits, North America.
Diageo is looking to change the image of one of its flagship brands in Colombia....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
Fideuram Wargny has upgraded its rating of Pernod Ricard to 'buy' from 'hold'. Its analysts argue that the merger talks with Allied Domecq is a catalyst for share growth....
Diageo has completed another share buyback transaction....
Fortune Brands has started making moves to acquire in the European drinks industry, according to press reports....
E&J Gallo has announced a number of appointments within its European division....
Diageo's Smirnoff Signatures line of premixed cocktails is now available nationwide in the US....
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US