AUSTRALIA: Allert quits Southcorp and appointed Coles Myer chairman
Accountant Rick Allert was today elected chairman of the big Australian retailer Coles Myer and will formalise his resignation of major wine producer Southcorp at the company's annual meeting on October 31. Allert will be succeeded at Southcorp by Brian Finn, a director since 1994. Allert's departure - director of Southcorp and its predecessor SA Brewing Company for 19 years and chairman for 13 - further tightens the grip of the Oately family, who owned the Rosemount business before it merged with Southcorp.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- The European beer market - Focus
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director