CHINA: All Market Inc sells US$166m stake ahead of Vita Coco rollout
All Market Inc has sold a 25% stake of Vita Coco to a Chinese distributor for about US$166m, as the coconut water brand prepares to launch in the country.
All Market said late yesterday (14 July) the deal, with Beijing-based Reignwood Group, will give it access to Reignwood's nation-wide distribution and retail network. Reignwood operates Red Bull China, which distributes and manufactures the Red Bull brand in the country.
Red Bull China is not connected to Austrian energy drinks maker Red Bull, which is barred from entering the Chinese market. Red Bull maintains that the version of its namesake energy drink available in China is an “entirely different product” and has “different ingredients” to the version available elsewhere.
In a statement, All Market said it has found success with the Vita Coco brand in the US, Europe and Japan, and that it “expects China to follow suit”. The country “has long appreciated the taste and functional benefits of natural coconut water”, All Market said.
The deal values All Market at $665m.
Red Bull China has four manufacturing hubs in China, in Beijing, Hubei, Guangzhou and Hainan.
Energy Drinks Market in Asia to 2019: Market Guide
Synopsis Canadean’s, "Energy Drinks Market in Asia to 2019: Market Guide" provides a snapshot of the Energy Drinks consumption in Asia. The quantitative data in the report provides historic and foreca...read more
Red Bull Deutschland has a strong marketing strategy, similar to that of its parent company. Sponsorship of sports events and using all possible channels (except for print) to capture the maximum youn...
Red Bull is the absolute leader in energy drinks, whose main strategy is to invest in advertising campaigns under the slogan “Dê asas a sua imaginação” (Unleash your imagination). In order to keep com...
Red Bull continues to be the world’s leading producer of energy drinks, but as competition from companies like Coca-Cola and Monster Beverages increases, the company faces new challenges in expanding ...
This future-looking global report offers a concise, short-form, visual guide to this key CPG category. It provides a market overview, a review of the big stories affecting the category, a key section...
Energy drinks has started to gain further popularity among Indian consumers as manufacturers started to promote their brands beyond pubs and restaurants. Manufacturers such as Red Bull continue to foc...
Finally in 2014, the government through the Ministerio de Salud Pública, approved the new formula for Red Bull, with reduced levels of caffeine and taurine with respect to its original formulation. Re...
Energy drinks is an established category in soft drinks, being purchased by both adolescents and adults. At-home consumption increased over the review period, particularly as a tool to stimulate effic...
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Corby's FY suffers from US focus
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research