CHINA: All Market Inc sells US$166m stake ahead of Vita Coco rollout
All Market Inc has sold a 25% stake of Vita Coco to a Chinese distributor for about US$166m, as the coconut water brand prepares to launch in the country.
All Market said late yesterday (14 July) the deal, with Beijing-based Reignwood Group, will give it access to Reignwood's nation-wide distribution and retail network. Reignwood operates Red Bull China, which distributes and manufactures the Red Bull brand in the country.
Red Bull China is not connected to Austrian energy drinks maker Red Bull, which is barred from entering the Chinese market. Red Bull maintains that the version of its namesake energy drink available in China is an “entirely different product” and has “different ingredients” to the version available elsewhere.
In a statement, All Market said it has found success with the Vita Coco brand in the US, Europe and Japan, and that it “expects China to follow suit”. The country “has long appreciated the taste and functional benefits of natural coconut water”, All Market said.
The deal values All Market at $665m.
Red Bull China has four manufacturing hubs in China, in Beijing, Hubei, Guangzhou and Hainan.
Red Bull Deutschland has a strong marketing strategy, similar to that of its parent company. Sponsorship of sports events and using all possible channels (except for print) to capture the maximum youn...
Red Bull is the absolute leader in energy drinks, whose main strategy is to invest in advertising campaigns under the slogan “Dê asas a sua imaginação” (Unleash your imagination). In order to keep com...
This future-looking global report offers a concise, short-form, visual guide to this key CPG category. It provides a market overview, a review of the big stories affecting the category, a key section...
Finally in 2014, the government through the Ministerio de Salud Pública, approved the new formula for Red Bull, with reduced levels of caffeine and taurine with respect to its original formulation. Re...
Energy drinks is an established category in soft drinks, being purchased by both adolescents and adults. At-home consumption increased over the review period, particularly as a tool to stimulate effic...
The participation of economy and popular energy drinks, particularly in familiar 1- and 2-litre PET packaging, has increased in energy drinks in recent years through launches of products from regional...
The energy drinks market is one that has evolved through numerous stages to its current state as a multi-billion dollar industry. This case study looks at the market as a whole, the leading players in...
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Interview - Harviestoun Brewery MD Toby Knowles
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends