FINLAND: Alko sees retail sales crawl north in 2007
Alko has reported a slight lift in sales at its alcohol retail stores in Finland last year.
The state-owned alcohol retail monopoly said yesterday (5 March) that net sales in 2007 inched up to EUR1.07bn (US$1.64bn), from EUR1.03bn in 2006. In volume terms, sales were up equally modestly, by 2% to 113.6m litres, equating to 19.8m litres of 100% pure alcohol.
Profit in 2007 hit EUR54.8m, although no comparison figure for 2006 was released.
Alko's board has proposed a dividend payment totalling EUR53.3m for the year.
Amidst the doom and despond of the economic downturn, Diageo demonstrated its power and resilience by turning in full-year sales and profit growth. In the first of a special, two-part just-drinks inte...
The hardships facing the Zimbabwean population have become a regular and depressing feature of our news. Clemence Manyukwe reports from Harare on the particular problems that the country's sustained e...
Vodka is soon to take over from Scotch whisky as the most consumed spirit in the UK. But Chris Losh sees its success as a triumph of marketing over substance, and wonders whether consumer interest can...
Greene King has appointed a new managing director for its Belhaven beer and pub business in Scotland....
The Scottish Executive has proposed a bill to ban Scottish shops from selling alcohol to under-21s, before a consultation on the proposal had closed....
Diageo has warned that it expects this year's tax hike on RTDs in Australia to hold back profits going forward....
Diageo has called for an updated strategy of co-regulation for the alcoholic drinks industry in Scotland....
Scotch Whisky companies are meeting the highest standards of responsible brand marketing and promotion according to a recent audit....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future