BELGIUM: Alken Maes inks deal with Carlsberg
Alken Maes is set to start brewing Carlsberg in Belgium, the country's press said. The brewer has apparently signed a three-year contract with Carlsberg which allows it to brew 100,000 hectolitres of Carlsberg annually.
The Belgian brewer will begin making Carlsberg in April. The financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
Alken Maes, part of Scottish & Newcastle, makes Maes, Grimbergen, Cristal, Cinev and Mort Subite beer brands. In 2002, the brewery posted turnover of €144.6m (US$180.7M).
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015