UK: Alibi pre-tox drink hits UK off-trade
A drink claiming to be the world's first active pre-tox drink has begun a listing in the UK.
Alibi, which is designed "to prepare the body and process toxins, including those which may typically occur from consuming alcohol", will be available from Harvey Nichols in London from later this week, the company said yesterday (28 January).
The drink, which launched late last year, is a herbal-citrus beverage which contains water, milk thistle, artichoke and gingko extracts, added vitamins and amino acids.
Previously available in London nightclubs, Alibi will retail in the UK at GBP1.65 (US$3.29) per can.
"The innovation lies in its distinct difference from detox products and regimes which are geared to deal with toxins at a later stage," the company added.
I remember writing about four years ago that the level of media attention in the UK being levelled on obesity may temper the threat of potential regulation of the alcohol industry as legislators sharp...
The consultation launched by the UK government this week represents a strong indication that it has lost patience with the drinks industry, and is moving towards introducing mandatory measures to repl...
The 61st World Health Assembly published its resolution on "Strategies to reduce the harmful use of alcohol" last month. Ben Cooper examines the resolution and the response from public health agencies...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
SABMiller has launched a new website, which, the company claims, acts as "a comprehensive guide to alcohol" for consumers....
Two cider brands in the UK have been found in breach of the Portman Group's code of practice on the naming, packaging and promotion of alcoholic drinks....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is relaunching its Drink Smart website in a multi-lingual format....
Online wine marketing and sales in France could be severely restricted under a radical proposal drawn up to protect young people from alcohol abuse, according to documents leaked to just-drinks....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Premiumisation comes to bottled water - NPD
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India