AUSTRALIA: ALH launches new retail brand
Australian Leisure & Hospitality Ltd (ALH) is looking to increase its share of the country's liquor retail market. The pub owner announced today plans to launch a new warehouse-style brand called Quinn Direct Wine Warehouse. The first outlet opens in Brisbane on Friday.
The brand will complement the group's main Fridge liquor chain, which has over 250 outlets across eastern Australia.
The brand is expected to be rolled out across the entire country, once the company has reviewed the performance of Quinn Direct over the next few months. A target number of stores has not been decided.
ALH, a spin-off by Foster's Group last year, is Australia's third-biggest liquor retailer behind Woolworths and Coles Myer.
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard to shut down Morris Winery
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview