Algae, microbes and cachaca among 2016 flavour trends - Research
The Caipirinha is a popular cachaca cocktail
Key UK flavour trends for 2016 include microbe-based cocktails, cachaca and algae, according to research released this week.
Trends company JWT Innovation has compiled a Future 100 Trends report, which includes several references to food and drink. Culinary and inhalable cocktails also earn a mention.
Among the predictions is a category called 'natural junk', which author Lucie Greene said is about "reimagining junk food with a focus on natural ingredients". She outlined PepsiCo's Stubborn soda as an example. The product, released in the US earlier this year, is sweetened using cane sugar.
Microbe-based cocktails are drinks that feature fermented food ingredients, such as kimchi. Greene claims that cachaca has been "little known outside of the country [Brazil] until now". The report suggests favourable currency exchange rates are set to drive the cachaca category.
The latest report from the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), assessing companies' efforts on water, reveals a strong representation from drinks companies among those companies the project considers to ...
"Natural" continues to prove a challenge in soft drinks generally, especially for major names associated with "unhealthy" products, where the concept seems counterintuitive....
Coconut water is the clear liquid extracted from unripe (green) coconuts. It is technically a fruit juice and is most popular in tropical countries....
Cultiba is the parent company of Pepsi-Cola Mexicana. In June 2014, PepsiCo announced investment of US$5 billion over 2014-2018 in agriculture, infrastructure, consumer development and brand consolida...
Juices are consumed due to their health benefits. Juices aid in digestion and provide better immunity. Fruit and vegetable mixed juices have the added advantage of having low sugar content and more nu...
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends