RUSSIA: Alfa to chase Sun Interbrew regardless
Alfa Group will look to raise its stake in Sun Interbrew despite attempts by larger shareholders to boost their control over the company.
Earlier this month, the Russian financial company acquired 10.4% of the voting shares in Sun Interbrew. Local press reports said that Alfa upped its stake to 15.8% more recently this month leading to speculation that the Russian firm is looking to acquire a blocking stake in the company.
Earlier this week, however, Interbrew and India's Sun Group, which own 34.25% of voting shares each, said that they had agreed to buy more voting shares to increase their combined stake to 75.5%.
Speaking to Reuters, Igor Litvak, vice-president of Alfa Group's investment and trading arm Alfa Eko, said: "We are not renouncing plans to increase our stake in Sun Interbrew.
"Such actions (by Sun Group and Interbrew) were predictable and will affect our plans in no way," he added.
Litvak declined to say whether Alfa Eko would buy the shares on the open market or offer a buyout deal to other shareholders. "We are considering all possibilities," he told the press agency.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Spirits volumes slide in Global Travel Retail
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages