RUSSIA: Alfa Eko returns to Sun Interbrew - report
A unit of Russian private financial company Alfa Group has increased its holding in Sun Interbrew. Alfa-Eco confirmed on Monday that it has increased its stake in the company to almost 16% and intends to buy more shares, leading to speculation the Russian investment firm is looking to acquire a blocking stake in the company.
Last week, Alfa-Eco said it had acquired 10.4% of the voting shares in the brewer.
According to TheDeal.com, a spokesman for Alfa-Eco, part of Russian entrepreneur Mikhail Fridman's Alfa Group, said the firm dipped into the open market for a second time last week to increase its stake to 15.8%. The spokesman said the company intends to raise this holding further.
With Indian financial investor Sun Group and Interbrew each hold 34.25% of the Class B voting stock, it would appear unlikely that Alfa-Eco believes it can acquire a majority stake in the company. The purchases come at around the same time, however, as the expiration of an agreement between Sun and Interbrew governing the disposal of their stakes, TheDeal.com notes.
Under a shareholder agreement, the two companies pledged not to transfer any voting shares before 15 June. Each partner has pre-emptive rights to buy the shares if one side decides to exit and has to extend the offer to minority shareholders at the same price.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- ForEx bites, but Heineken hails strong 2016
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends