Product Launch - UK: Aldi's Glenbridge 40 Year Old Single Malt
Aldi is launching Glenbridge 40 Year Old Single Malt next month
Aldi's Glenbridge 40 Year Old Single Malt
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, Speyside, single malt, 40% abv
Available - From 8 December, limited to 3,000 bottles
Location - UK, off-trade, exclusive to Aldi stores
Price - GBP49.99 (US$78.34) per 70cl
Distribution - Aldi
Aldi has lined up the launch of a 40-year-old single malt Scotch at a price of GBP49.99 (US$78.34). Available exclusively in Aldi's 450 stores in the UK, Glenbridge 40 Year Old has been matured in European oak Sherry casks, and will be packaged in a presentation box.
“Whisky of this quality and age would usually sell for around GBP300-plus,” an unnamed spirits buyer at Aldi was quoted as saying. “Aldi is giving customers the chance to get hold of a very high quality luxury product for a very low price.”
In addition to the 40-year-old, Aldi is releasing 3,000 bottles of Glen Marnoch 24-year-old single malt this week. At 40% abv, Glen Marnoch will retail at GBP29.99 per 70cl bottle.
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat