Product Launch - UK: Aldi's Glenbridge 40 Year Old Single Malt
Aldi is launching Glenbridge 40 Year Old Single Malt next month
Aldi's Glenbridge 40 Year Old Single Malt
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, Speyside, single malt, 40% abv
Available - From 8 December, limited to 3,000 bottles
Location - UK, off-trade, exclusive to Aldi stores
Price - GBP49.99 (US$78.34) per 70cl
Distribution - Aldi
Aldi has lined up the launch of a 40-year-old single malt Scotch at a price of GBP49.99 (US$78.34). Available exclusively in Aldi's 450 stores in the UK, Glenbridge 40 Year Old has been matured in European oak Sherry casks, and will be packaged in a presentation box.
“Whisky of this quality and age would usually sell for around GBP300-plus,” an unnamed spirits buyer at Aldi was quoted as saying. “Aldi is giving customers the chance to get hold of a very high quality luxury product for a very low price.”
In addition to the 40-year-old, Aldi is releasing 3,000 bottles of Glen Marnoch 24-year-old single malt this week. At 40% abv, Glen Marnoch will retail at GBP29.99 per 70cl bottle.
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- Comment - Wine - Not on the List
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team
- First Drinks becomes William Grant UK
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp