Product Launch - UK: Aldi's Glenbridge 40 Year Old Single Malt
Aldi is launching Glenbridge 40 Year Old Single Malt next month
Aldi's Glenbridge 40 Year Old Single Malt
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, Speyside, single malt, 40% abv
Available - From 8 December, limited to 3,000 bottles
Location - UK, off-trade, exclusive to Aldi stores
Price - GBP49.99 (US$78.34) per 70cl
Distribution - Aldi
Aldi has lined up the launch of a 40-year-old single malt Scotch at a price of GBP49.99 (US$78.34). Available exclusively in Aldi's 450 stores in the UK, Glenbridge 40 Year Old has been matured in European oak Sherry casks, and will be packaged in a presentation box.
“Whisky of this quality and age would usually sell for around GBP300-plus,” an unnamed spirits buyer at Aldi was quoted as saying. “Aldi is giving customers the chance to get hold of a very high quality luxury product for a very low price.”
In addition to the 40-year-old, Aldi is releasing 3,000 bottles of Glen Marnoch 24-year-old single malt this week. At 40% abv, Glen Marnoch will retail at GBP29.99 per 70cl bottle.
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US