LATVIA: Aldaris full-year profit soars – report
Aldaris has posted a huge leap in full-year net profits, according to local reports.
The Latvian brewer told BNS news agency yesterday (29 March) that net profits for 2005 almost doubled, coming in at LVL3.114m (US$5.34m).
Sales at Aldaris also rose for the period, by a more modest 12% to LVL22.6m.
The brewer, which is part of Carlsberg and Scottish & Newcastle's JV, Baltic Beverages Holding, is Latvia's largest. In September last year, Aldaris reported a 4.7% increase in six-monthly volume sales, which came in at 18m litres.
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
Baltika has bought into a Siberian brewer....
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch