CHINA: Alcohol tariffs to continue fall
By Access Asia
China is to continue to lower tariffs on imported alcoholic drinks over the next two years, according to the China Liquor Industry Association.
According to the country's agreement with the WTO, import tariffs on foreign alcohol, except apple wine, pear wine, honey wine and other fermented drinks, will have to be reduced to somewhere between 10 and 30% in 2005 from the original 65%.
However, this may not mean cheaper wine for consumers - though China slashed import tariffs on wine products to 14% at the beginning of 2004, but wine prices, especially for low and mid-end products did not drop noticeably.
The latest export figures for Scotch whisky make uncomfortable reading for brand marketers and the strategists at the Scotch Whisky Association, showing declines in both Asian and European markets. C...
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Costs relating to alcohol abuse in Sweden are on the rise, according to research out this week....
Police in eastern Kenya have said that at least 24 people died on Saturday after drinking illegally produced alcohol....
According to a recently published study, people who drink alcohol may have a lower risk of developing a type of cancer which affects the lymphatic system known as non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)....
Diageo is calling for facts labels to be placed on alcohol beverages in the US....
Kenyan authorities are to ban beer and spirits advertising from television and billboards in the country, according to a local report late last week....
Post-menopausal women who consume even moderate amounts of alcohol may face an increased risk of breast cancer, according to a comprehensive US study....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research