RUSSIA: Alcohol sales on the increase
Russia's citizens are drinking more alcohol. Figures released yesterday show a climb in retail sales of beer and alcoholic beverages. In a statement released by Russia's National Alcohol Association yesterday, 106.6m decalitres of pure alcohol equivalent were sold between January and October, a rise of 4% year-on-year.
Vodka and strong liquor sales rose by 2.3% to 174.7m decalitres (69.8m decalitres in pure alcohol), while brandy retail sales also rose, by 12.2% to 4.6m decalitres (1.9m decalitres). Wine retail sales increased to 55.6m decalitres (8m decalitres), a climb of 9.4% on the year, and sparkling wine sales rose by 5.3% to 13.5m decalitres (1.5m decalitres).
Russia's beer sales were up by 6.3% year-on-year to 651.1m decalitres (25.4m decalitres).
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Brasserie Kronenbourg has clarified earlier reports about its entry into the low alcohol beer sector in France....
Costs relating to alcohol abuse in Sweden are on the rise, according to research out this week....
Police in eastern Kenya have said that at least 24 people died on Saturday after drinking illegally produced alcohol....
According to a recently published study, people who drink alcohol may have a lower risk of developing a type of cancer which affects the lymphatic system known as non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)....
Diageo is calling for facts labels to be placed on alcohol beverages in the US....
Kenyan authorities are to ban beer and spirits advertising from television and billboards in the country, according to a local report late last week....
Post-menopausal women who consume even moderate amounts of alcohol may face an increased risk of breast cancer, according to a comprehensive US study....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)