NORWAY: Alcohol sales edge up in October
Alcohol sales in Norway rose slightly in October this year, on the back of higher purchasing power from the population and a reduction in cross border shopping with Sweden.
The state-run retailer Vinmonopolet also said that an increase in the number of stores it ran and a reorganisation of its existing sotres to self service also helped.
Alcohol sales increased by 1% to 4.926m litres in the month. Total wine sales were up by 2% to 3.930m litres. White wine sales rose 6% and red wine sales were up 1%.
But sales of strong alcohol drinks fell 1% to 876,000 litres, as did the sale of beer, which was down 10% to 31,000 litres.
Alcopop sales were also down by 7%.
For the period January to October 2004, total alcohol sales were up 4% to 49.281m litres.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Brasserie Kronenbourg has clarified earlier reports about its entry into the low alcohol beer sector in France....
Costs relating to alcohol abuse in Sweden are on the rise, according to research out this week....
Police in eastern Kenya have said that at least 24 people died on Saturday after drinking illegally produced alcohol....
According to a recently published study, people who drink alcohol may have a lower risk of developing a type of cancer which affects the lymphatic system known as non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)....
Diageo is calling for facts labels to be placed on alcohol beverages in the US....
Kenyan authorities are to ban beer and spirits advertising from television and billboards in the country, according to a local report late last week....
Post-menopausal women who consume even moderate amounts of alcohol may face an increased risk of breast cancer, according to a comprehensive US study....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review