NORWAY: Alcohol-free beer on the rise
Norwegian breweries Ringnes, Hansa Borg, and Macks are planning to cash in on the increase in demand for alcohol-free beer in Norway.
Latest data compiled by the National Statistics Office (NSO) and released by brewers'
federation Bryggeriforeningen today (4 January), confirms a 23.9% increase in the sale of alcohol-free beer in 2006 compared with 2005.
"Although the sale of traditional beers rose by 4.4% compared to 2005, the increase is still modest. We are likely to see more investment and more brands by breweries into their alcohol-free brands," said Bryggeriforeningen director Halfdan Kverneland Olafssøn.
Brewers are expected to respond to the strong upward consumer swing in demand for alcohol-free beers by increasing capacity and production, said Olafssøn.
"The turnover of light beers and class C beers is falling considerably. The sale of non-alcoholic beers is helped by the launch of new flavours and brands," noted the NSO report.
Sectors: Beer & cider
With interest surrounding the likely sale of Swedish spirits producer V&S Group growing by the day, there could be no better time to look at the company's flagship vodka brand Absolut and the opportun...
This week's announcement by UK legislators of the latest plan to tackle alcohol abuse in England is the clearest sign yet that the government is ready to tackle the problem head-on, regardless of the ...
Lower alcohol beverages (LABs) are a growing segment of the drinks market as consumer and government concern over alcohol consumption continues to mount. A new paper from the International Center for ...
The Distilled Spirits Council (DISCUS) has countered a recent attack on the drinks industry's approach to responsible drinking in the US....
The European Parliament has backed a compromise deal over excise duty rate....
The alcohol industry has come under fire from a pressure group for its alleged failure to invest enough in responsible drinking advertising in the US....
Dutch brewer Heineken is continuing to extend its presence in the US. The company said yesterday (21 June) that it had officially opened a Northeast regional business unit office in Stamford, Connecti...
Thailand's Alcohol Control Bill will not completely ban alcohol advertising, according to a vetting committee of the National Legislative Assembly....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- Comment - Will the Sweetener Battle turn Sour?
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Coca-Cola Co promotes North America chief
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets