ROMANIA: Alcohol and coffee face major tax hikes
Excise duty in coffee and alcohol is set to rise by as much as 54% as of May this year according to a draft bill from the Romanian Finance Ministry on April 17, 2002. According to the draft bill, the excise duty on alcohol will rise by 54% to €108.4 (US$95.7) per hectolitre. The excise duty on green coffee, meanwhile, will rise 6.0% to €850 per tonne, on roasted coffee by 4.0% to €1,250 per tonne and on soluble coffee by 11% to €5.0 per kg.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends