ROMANIA: Alcohol and coffee face major tax hikes
Excise duty in coffee and alcohol is set to rise by as much as 54% as of May this year according to a draft bill from the Romanian Finance Ministry on April 17, 2002. According to the draft bill, the excise duty on alcohol will rise by 54% to €108.4 (US$95.7) per hectolitre. The excise duty on green coffee, meanwhile, will rise 6.0% to €850 per tonne, on roasted coffee by 4.0% to €1,250 per tonne and on soluble coffee by 11% to €5.0 per kg.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Pernod Ricard targets at-home drinking
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends