ROMANIA: Alcohol and coffee face major tax hikes
Excise duty in coffee and alcohol is set to rise by as much as 54% as of May this year according to a draft bill from the Romanian Finance Ministry on April 17, 2002. According to the draft bill, the excise duty on alcohol will rise by 54% to €108.4 (US$95.7) per hectolitre. The excise duty on green coffee, meanwhile, will rise 6.0% to €850 per tonne, on roasted coffee by 4.0% to €1,250 per tonne and on soluble coffee by 11% to €5.0 per kg.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Irish whisky exports forecast to double by 2020
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits