EUROPE: Alcohol advertising compliance hits 95.6% in 2007 - research
Alcohol advertising in Europe so far this year has registered a very slight slip in overall compliance, according to a recent survey.
The monitoring of almost 5,700 adverts for alcoholic drinks across the continent found an overall compliance rate of 95.6%, compared to 96% in 2006 and 96.4% in 2005. The survey, published yesterday (25 September) by the European Forum for Responsible Drinking (EFRD), was conducted by National Advertising Standards bodies and reviewed by an independent panel of reviewers.
"The 2007 monitoring shows again that the industry abides by the self-regulatory rules," the EFRD said. "The report looked for the second time at the inclusion of responsible drinking messages in print and TV ads to remind and inform consumers about risky use of alcoholic beverages and to promote responsible consumption. The compliance rate in this area is at 85%."
EFRD chairman Alan Butler added: "The high compliance level shows that marketers understand that responsible marketing is sustainable marketing."
The benchmarks for the monitoring are the EFRD Common Standards, which apply to all commercial communications channels, and national and sector frameworks.
A delimited production area is both the main strength and weakness of a wine appellation, a guarantee of quality but a major obstacle to growth. Plans in Champagne, arguably the premier appellation of...
The steep rise in alcohol duties announced in yesterday's Budget, which the Government says will help to tackle binge drinking, follows the publication of its review of the 2005 Licensing Act last wee...
Foster's and Lion Nathan have both announced plans to cease production of RTDs with a high alcohol content and energy additives from their portfolios....
California wine producer Petroni Vineyards is in dispute with the wine consortium which administrates the Brunello di Montalcino denomination of origin in Italy over the use of the name Brunello....
Diageo and Anheuser-Busch have been attacked for "encouraging and sanctioning binge drinking" in the US in the run-up to St. Patrick's Day....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Taxes on alcohol in the UK have been raised markedly in today's (12 March) Budget announcement....
The Boston Beer Company has posted a strong set of results for the end of the year, with net profit almost trebling in the final quarter....
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly