TURKEY: Alcohol ads, sales clampdown laws passed - reports
Turkey is getting tough on alcohol
A ban on all alcohol advertising and tighter restrictions on sales in Turkey is set to go ahead after lawmakers passed legislation, according to reports.
The measures, which first appeared in a draft bill this month, mean drinks companies will be prohibited from promoting their brands, while images of alcoholic drinks will be blurred on television, the Associated Press reported today (24 May). Alcohol sales will also be banned from 10pm-6am, and at all times near mosques and educational centres.
Drunk-drivers will also face stricter penalties.
The legislation still requires presidential approval before it takes effect, it was reported.
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
The world’s leading spirits producer, Diageo also ranks 23rd in the global wine market. This profile analyses the role of wine in the company’s wide-ranging alcoholic drinks operations, considering op...
Wine in Hungary industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile a...
Diageo has launched a powerful new anti-drink driving film, tied to its Johnnie Walker brand. ...
Beer in South Korea industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profi...
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- Beam Suntory to roll out "Scotch-infused" Bourbon
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Wine in the United Kingdom
- Spirit Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts