UK: Alcohol abuse costing health service £3bn a year
Alcohol abuse is costing the UK's National Health Service up to £3bn a year, through over 28,000 hospital admissions caused by alcohol dependence or poisoning, officials have warned. It is estimated that one in six people attending the accident and emergency units has alcohol-related injurues and 33,000 deaths a year a linked to drink. Some experts are even suggesting that the sheer cost of this treatment could deal the NHS a terminal blow.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit