UK: Alcohol abuse costing health service £3bn a year
Alcohol abuse is costing the UK's National Health Service up to £3bn a year, through over 28,000 hospital admissions caused by alcohol dependence or poisoning, officials have warned. It is estimated that one in six people attending the accident and emergency units has alcohol-related injurues and 33,000 deaths a year a linked to drink. Some experts are even suggesting that the sheer cost of this treatment could deal the NHS a terminal blow.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Rekorderlig Deal Sees Molson Coors Miss Out
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- C&C Group chairman backs CEO amid turmoil
- Diageo turns to W Ice in South Korea
- Bacardi buys Banks rum