ASIA: Alcoa seals joint venture to expand Asian closure business
Alcoa Closure Systems International (Alcoa CSI), the global leader in beverage closure production, and Nilkamal Plastics have formed a joint venture to produce plastic closures for the Indian and Nepalese markets.
Nilkamal is the largest moulded plastic crates and furniture manufacturer in Asia.
Although terms of the deal were not disclosed, the venture was recently granted foreign investment approval from the Nepal Department of Industries to establish a new plastic closure facility in Nepal.
Ron Glah, president of Alcoa CSI said: "Nilkamal is an outstanding company that understands the dynamics of the beverage industry in Asia. This venture allows Alcoa CSI to better serve our customers in an important region of the world that is experiencing double-digit market growth."
Alcoa CSI currently operates 41 plants in 21 countries. These facilities provide closures, packaging equipment and expert technical service to the soft drink, juice, bottled water, beer, isotonic, food and personal care markets.
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch