EU: Albania trade deal to go before EU ministers
EU ministers have been asked to approve a drinks-focused trade deal negotiated by the European Commission and Albania.
Under a special annex on wines, a quota of duty-free Albanian sparkling and still wine imports will enter the EU each year.
The deal also outlines plans to ship some 10,000 hl of EU-made sparkling wine into Albania on a duty-free basis each year.
Both sides have promised to respect each other's official geographical designations for wine, spirits and aromatised wines, such as Albanian wine growing regions Mirdite, Mat, Tirane and others.
Albanian duties on EU beer exports would be phased out over five years and on cider immediately.
The duty free business has recovered relatively quickly from the major disruption caused by the security scare in the UK in the summer, writes Joe Bates. And as the industry prepares for the annual Ta...
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has added two new super-premium Scotch whiskies to its Laphroaig Islay single malt range in the UK....
The European Travel Retail Council (ERTC) has welcomed European Union (EU) legislation, finalised by the European Commission, that will allow air passengers to travel freely with duty-free alcohol fro...
Harvey Miller Wine & Spirits Agencies has launched a new liqueur....
Rémy Cointreau has posted a slight lift in full-year turnover....
Bacardi has appointed experienced duty-free executive Michael Coleman as its European travel retail director....
Camus Cognac has secured US distribution for its Elegance range....
V&S Group has launched the first travel retail exclusive for Absolut vodka....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends