DENMARK: Albani net profits up
Danish brewery Albani Bryggerierne has recorded a net profit after minority interests of 20m Danish crowns (US$2.4m) for the year, up from a break-even result in 2000.
The company's pre-tax profit for 2001 totalled 25m crowns versus a pre-tax loss of 4.7 mln crowns for 2000.
But turnover for the period fell to 495.7 mln crowns from 657.4 mln crowns.
The brewer said it expects to report a pre-tax profit of between 5.0m crowns and 15 crowns for 2002.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future