US: Aladdin signs Argentina's Patagonia beer
Aladdin Trading has added the Argentinean beer Patagonia to its portfolio of imported brands for the US marketplace.
The company said today (17 January) that the blond ale, which is brewed and bottled in Argentina's oldest brewery, will see its first shipment arrive in New York in May.
Aladdin president Ted O'Connor said: "I really liked everything from the package to the taste, to the overall concept of the brand. They've done everything right with the package. The top of the mother carton tears off to make it easier to display in the off-premise. The six-pack carrier is made of material which resists moisture, preventing any type of damage to the carrier when it becomes cold (such as in a cold box in a grocery store) or wet. Those little things make it very saleable to retailers."
Headquartered in New York, Aladdin Trading imports craft beer and ale into North American markets.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Japan and the global soft drinks race
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- Ketel One co-owner now Bols' largest shareholder
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report