US: Akvinta vodka set for US launch
Super premium vodka brand Akvinta is set to launch in the US this autumn.
The Croatian vodka, which entered the UK in 2007, has signed a deal with a US distributor and aims to make its US debut around October, Akvinta has told just-drinks.
It is likely to launch in New York, targeting the on-trade, but will seek off-trade listings and entry to other major cities in the longer term.
An Akvinta spokesperson said: "We are a young business but we need to grow and the potential volumes in the US could be fantastic."
He added: "In an economic downturn, when other brands are reducing their marketing activity, it's a good opportunity for us smaller brands to make our voice heard."
Akvinta, created jointly by Russian consultancy Stas Marketing Partners and Croatia's Adriatic Distillers, is sold in Croatia, Italy, UK, Canada and South America.
Jack Daniel's whiskey owner Brown-Forman lifted its full-year profits guidance on Tuesday (8 December), exceeding expectations and moving analysts to raise their fair value estimate on the firm. Miche...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read Reports of 2009....
Like the other sectors of our industry, the economy cast a shadow over the spirits category in 2009. The aftershocks of the downturn spread around the world, with Scotland appearing to be the epicentr...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read Interviews of 2009....
A French court ruling to recognise the case of creditors due a total of EUR375m (US$535m) from struggling drinks group Belvédère will not damage the firm's relaunch plan, its lawyer has told just-drin...
Belvedere has strengthened its relationship with Bruce Willis, selling him a 3.3% stake in the troubled wine and spirits firm....
Blavod Wines & Spirits has reported strong sales growth in the first half of its fiscal year, but said profits were held back by a poor performance from its Black Vodka brand....
Belvédère, the troubled French drinks group, has suffered a setback in its recovery plan....
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends