UK: Akvinta to make UK debut
The super-premium vodka brand Akvinta is being launched in the UK market through the drinks firm Wine & Spirit International.
The triple-distilled vodka, made in Croatia from Italian wheat, will retail at GBP35 a bottle. Targeted at the growing super-premium vodka category in the UK, it is being marketed both as spirit that can be drunk as part of a luxury cocktail or sipped neat.
"Akvinta represents something beyond cold designer vodka," said UK brand director John Jeffrey. "It embodies the warmth and vitality of the Mediterranean and its people. While the smooth, cultured taste adds quality, character and luxury to cocktails, Akvinta is a simply superb vodka when drunk on its own lightly chilled."
Akvinta's UK launch forms part of a phased international roll-out for the brand, which was created last year through a collaboration between Russian consultancy Stas Marketing Partners and Croatia's Adriatic Distillers. The brand has already been launched in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Austria and Italy.
10 things you should know about... Vin & Sprit...
Pernod Ricard's victory in the race to buy Vin & Sprit has sent shockwaves across the global spirits industry, whilst also throwing up a vast array of questions. In a spotlight special, Jessica Harvey...
Premium and super-premium brands have been important drivers in the growing vodka category for some time but among the key trends forecast in a recent report on the vodka market from just-drinks is th...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
The Constellation subsidiary Vincor Canada has acquired the business of its affiliated company Medallion Wine Marketing in Canada....
Constellation Brands has posted a marked loss for its fiscal year....
Pernod Ricard has hailed its purchase of Vin & Sprit as a "transforming deal", despite the loss of the Stolichnaya vodka brand....
Skyy Spirits, a wholly owned subsidiary of Gruppo Campari and marketer and distributor of premium spirits brands in North America, has unveiled its Skyy Infusions mobile marketing tour in its hometown...
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014